David Fanning - Drink You Away (Justin Timberlake Cover) (2014)

Image Hosted by UploadHouse.com
Country singer David Fanning made his own Country Version to the Timbaland produced tune ‘Drink You Away’ by Justin Timberlake from his ‘The 20/20 Experience 2 Of 2’ album and even shot the Video for it. The tune is originaly written by Justin Timberlake, Jerome "J-Roc" Harmon, Timbaland and James Fauntleroy, check out the video below directed by Justin Nolan Key. Justin was coming to town to perform at an arena and one of my friends from radio, Storme Warren called me up and told me he was going to have him on his show.

Then he asked me if I’d be interested in doing a country version of one of Justin’s songs to play for him while he was in the studio. I had three days before he was going to be there so I told him that I’d give it a try. I hopped in the studio that night and recorded the basic track and the next day put on vocals and mixed it. Then I emailed the song over to Storme and he played it for Justin on the radio. The cool thing about it was that everything happened so fast. Sometimes when you produce, there might be a tendency to over think it. For this song, I had no time and it came out just as it was supposed to.”


Thanks to thepestilence.


Image Hosted by UploadHouse.com

No comments:

Post a Comment